10 Problems Every Book Nerd Faces!

I love being a book nerd! Getting a book in my hands and reading is the best thing ever. Then you always have those issues that make you want to chuck the book at something or someone!

I recently conducted a poll on a Facebook Group I am a part of and I got some of the best answers for problems book nerds face! So, here is what I got!

10 Problems Every Book Nerd Faces!

1. When people think you have all the time in the world to read!
  2. People just don’t get overly excited about books as much as you do!10-problems-every-book-nerd-faces!
  3. When you take a non-book nerd/significant other to the bookstore and they ask you every five minutes if you’re done yet!
  4. Being told the ending of a book you’re in the middle of!
  5. When someone asks what your favorite book is and you freeze because you can’t just pick one
  6. You have way too many books but you keep buying more! 10-problems-every-book-nerd-faces!
  7. When you’re reading and someone won’t stop talking to you!
  8. When you loan out a book knowing you’ll never see it again
  9. All you want to do is read all day but you have to be an adult
  10. Someone utters the words “well the movie was better.” You know the movie is never better!

Remember throwing a book is never worth it, even if someone is driving you insane. Now, smacking a person with said book is perfectly acceptable and I say go for it.

As book nerds we face lots and lots of problems, but once we open that special book we’ve been dying to read, all those problems disappear! Stay tuned for a post on 10 Ways to Conquer Book Nerd Problems!

Also I thought I’d throw in a free printable!

What are some book nerd problems you face? Do you have a way of dealing with them? Let me know!!

Free Planner Pages

Join the Nerdy Book Life Family and get your planner pages!

Share the Nerdiness!Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest4Share on StumbleUpon0

1. Katisha @ Reel Literature

May 2, 2017 at 12:27 pm

#10 is blasphemy!!! The book is ALWAYS better than the movie!!

Luckily #4 has never happened to me before. If someone told me the end of the book I was reading, I cannot be held accountable for the black-out rage that may occur because of it.

I hate when I’ve been loving the book then I get to the end, and it unexpectedly disappoints.

May 2, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Right! I’m glad my husband doesn’t read or most of my books would be ruined! I completely agree I hate when the ending doesn’t live up to the love I found in the book!

2. Luci Cook

May 2, 2017 at 1:23 pm

#7 is my favorite because I have that happen all the time and I just started to listen to music when I read and #10 is a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people say that the movie was better. I feel that the books are so much better than when they make it into a movie because I see certain character differently in the book and when they make it into a movie they ruin the character for me.

May 2, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Right I have a distinct picture of a character in my head when I read and the movie never gets it right!

3. Jo ~ Beyond the Lamp Post

May 6, 2017 at 12:09 am

#5 happens to me all the time! It’s so frustrating cos it makes it look like you’re lying and you don’t really like reading at all. With #8, I just moved countries but realised that when I packed up all my books there were two of my favourites (Shantaram and Ragtime) that I had loaned out to someone so they still have them. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I will get them back one day!

May 6, 2017 at 8:22 am

I finally got a few books I loaned out back so maybe they will show up soon!

4. Jenn | The Sadness Monster

May 6, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Oh gosh, I’m the WORST at #6. I worked at a bookstore for two years and I was out of control, And now I live near a thrift shop that sells used books for $1.00. It’s super dangerous and books always make me weak, lol.

May 6, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Haha I love me some cheap books! They are the best!

5. Shelby

May 10, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Love this! I could spend all day in a bookstore. I’d rather buy a bookstore with a cafe than an actual home. lol

May 10, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Right! That’s why I love going into books a million!

6. Andolina Ziolkowski

May 10, 2017 at 7:57 pm

I’m really loving your blog. I can’t wait to read more of your posts. I have nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award http://wp.me/p8EDVa-3U

May 10, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!