Things I Should Change to Help My Anxiety

I’ve never really looked into things other than medicine that could help ease my anxiety. I thought the medication I take would be fine. Well, obviously I was wrong. There has been this weight on my chest and I’m ready for it to go. So, I conducted some research and here’s what I found…

What I found that helps others…

• Having a set routine
  • Setting goals
  • Yoga/Meditating
  • Writing
  • Making a gratitude list
  • Talking
  • Essential oils

There were several other processes that help but these are the ones I heard the most. Now, I decided to make my list of what helps me…

What I do to help my anxiety…

That’s a pretty sad list. Now, I do take medication to help with my anxiety and depression, but it only helps so much. I need to start changing how I live my daily life, so my disorders stop taking over.

So, I started thinking yesterday, that I need to make some changes to help ease my anxiety and depression. I did some research, by research I asked some of the mental health groups I am part of on Facebook to get some ideas. So, thanks to Facebook and Pinterest, I came up with a list that is right for me. With this list, I am challenging myself to stick to it and finally get the help I need.

My Easing Anxiety Challenge

• Start a routine and stick to it
  • Set 3 goals that you know you can accomplish
  • Continue to write
  • Check out meditation and try it
  • Remind yourself you’re OK

I am starting this challenge as soon as possible. This anxiety weight on my chest needs to go away, so I can get back to my normalness.

If you have any ways that help you ease your anxiety or even depression, let me know! I’d love to learn what helps you! Also if you try my little challenge let me know what helps!

Free Bookmarks!

Subscribe and you'll get some awesome Nerdy Book Life Book Marks!

Share the Nerdiness!Share on Facebook5Share on Google+1Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest3

1. Adree Na

May 18, 2017 at 11:59 am

I definitely agree with Yoga/Meditation helping with anxiety. I may have to try some of the other suggestions. All sound like great suggestions. 🙂

May 18, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Thanks! I’m definitely looking forward to trying them!

2. ashley popa

May 18, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Some of my friends tried coloring like the adult coloring or any type of coloring and it helped them out. According to them they say it helps them to calm down a bit more.

May 18, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I do those all the time! They are really relaxing!

3. Carrie Mervine Relyea

May 19, 2017 at 9:48 am

I would say that yoga helps with mine, mainly because it’s the one time my brain really shuts off. It’s the one time when it’s not a constant bombardment of BILLSKIDSWORKLIFEBULLSHIT. I’m just concentrating on getting the pose right and breathing right. It’s incredible how good I feel afterward, and I recommend it to anyone. And I agree with ashley, coloring has been helping my anxiety SO much lately.

1. NerdyBook Life

June 17, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I love coloring! I have lots of coloring books! and me and yoga don’t mix I just end up laughing at myself or my pups get in the way 🙂

4. Lexie Taylor Higgins

May 19, 2017 at 11:22 am

This is a great challenge for anyone! I know that I could use less anxiety..and we could all use a little mental reset.

May 19, 2017 at 11:29 am

Right! Anxiety doesn’t have to control your life

5. kiki

May 19, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Yes, a set schedule can really help even when you are feeling overwhelmed! Exercise really helps, too! thanks for sharing

May 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I have started working on sticking to a schedule! So far not so good lol