The Battle of Having Anxiety and Depression

Hey, Nerdy Peeps! I found a quote or rather an explanation of what it’s really like to have anxiety and depression. So, I am going to share it with you, then give you my thoughts.

The Battle of Having Anxiety and Depression

Being Scared and Tired at the same time…

I am scared of a lot of things, and most of them are not small. When I say I’m tired, I’m not necessarily ready for bed but my mind is tired of the constant battle it fights.

Fear of Failure but no urge to be Productive…

I hate failing at anything! It makes me freak out and doubt myself and that is the worst feeling for me. I’m also not good at being productive, I honestly have very little motivation most of the time. And the worst thing of all is I hate failing at being productive.

Wanting Friends but hating to Socialize…

Social situations are horrible for me. I stick to a corner and I just stay as quiet as I can so I’m not noticed. If I’m not comfortable, I have a really hard time making conversation with new people. This is probably why my friends are sparse, even though I would love to make more. I would love to have more than my handful of friends so, I could come out of my shell more and learn not to be socially awkward.

Wanting to be Alone but not wanting to be Lonely…

My biggest fear is being lonely. It literally feels like I’m suffocating, but there are also times when I want to be alone. I know weird right! I like my alone time when I’m writing or reading, but when it comes to being by myself with nothing to do it scares me.

Caring about Everything then caring about Nothing…

Most of the time I care way too much. I will go out of my way just to help someone who needs it. Now, on the other hand, there are times when I don’t care at all.

Feeling everything at once then feeling paralyzingly Numb…

I can have thousands of emotions flowing through my head at one minute. Even to the point where the world is way too overwhelming to be a part of. Then the next minute I can feel completely numb to everything around me. That’s when I shut down and shut off from the world.

So, next time you tell someone with anxiety and depression to liven up take a look at this explanation. You’ll learn why we may be so exhausted all the time or why we fight a battle with our own mind. My biggest advice is that to be patient with anyone you know that has anxiety and depression. Also, if they don’t want to talk to make them sometimes they just need you to sit with them.

Check out this post to get a little more of an understanding on my fight!

What are your thoughts on this quote? Let me know what you think!

Free Planner Pages

Join the Nerdy Book Life Family and get your planner pages!

1. JoAnn July 20, 2017 at 3:02 pm

You absolutely hit the nail on the head with this one post. My feelings described perfectly. The only thing I would add (for myself of course) is I am constantly frustrated with myself. It causing me to briefly get angry but a split second later – I am fine. I guess that is part of the inner emotional battle.

1. NerdyBookLife July 20, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I get that way too! Just know you are never alone!

2. Rio Sundown July 20, 2017 at 10:52 pm

This is tricky territory to navigate. I can’t begin to imagine how it feels to have constant depression and anxiety. We live in two different worlds. All I can offer, which I know is not pleasant to hear, is to keep doing things you don’t want to. It’s not easy to just flip a switch and feel better, but it is easy to throw yourself at pain and battle through it. Sometimes we just have to suffer through it enough times to know… It really is all just in your head. I wish I could invent a stubborn, win-at-all-cost pill, because that type of thinking works wonders here… Though not so much for friendly competitions, lol. Anyway, sorry, didn’t mean to lecture or anything. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 7:43 am

I always try my best to step out of my comfort zone no matter how difficult it may be! Thanks for reading!

3. Carmel July 21, 2017 at 3:27 am

Jessie, it must have been such a struggle for you to decide to start this blog, but what a victory! Well done! And I hope I understand depression and anxiety a bit better now, it is hard to comprehend for those who have never been besieged with such mental difficulties!

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 7:42 am

It took a lot of “yes post it” “no don’t post it” before I hit publish on my first mental health post. When I did hit publish this weight was lifted off my shoulders and it has helped so much. And hearing that it helps you understand is a huge achievement for me! My goal is for the mental health side of this blog is to teach and help others, I’m so glad it’s helping you understand!

4. Jess July 21, 2017 at 7:38 am

This was an awesome post! I suffer from anxiety.

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 7:43 am

Thanks for reading! And remember you are not alone!

5. Vanessa July 21, 2017 at 8:24 am

This is very much me! It got worse when I became a mom and I had to seek help and counseling. It helped greatly!

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 8:26 am

I am exploring the option of a therapist, but just don’t know yet!

6. Emily @ Pizza & Pull-Ups July 21, 2017 at 8:47 am

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I think posts like there really help people to gain more understanding of what others are going through.

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 8:51 am

One of my goals is to get more education on mental health out there so people can understand what it’s like! Thanks for reading!

7. Victoria July 21, 2017 at 8:56 am

Thank you for this post. It was accurate and spot on. For many years I suffered from low self-esteem and depression.

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 9:19 am

Thanks for reading! Always remember you are beautiful and never alone!

8. Jackie July 21, 2017 at 10:29 am

As usual we sit on the same fence. I relate mostly to being alone but not being lonely. My grestest fear is ending up lonely. But i enjoy my moments of being left alone dearly. And without those moments i wouldnt be able to function properly. Thank you for sharing that quote. It is relatable. And once again your posts bring me warmth to know i am not alone in what i think. But warmth in your writing.. and how you relay each message.

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 10:30 am

Thanks Jackie! I love that my posts are helping you!

9. Gabby July 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I completely agree. Living with anxiety and depression has so many more layers to it than people tend to realize. It’s hard to get up the motivation to do anything some days. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the quote!

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Thanks for reading!

10. robbie doyle July 21, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Great post! Thanks for sharing your story, depression and anxiety is a real issue for many people!

1. NerdyBookLife July 21, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Thanks for reading! Sometimes it’s hard to hit publish but I feel better when I do!

11. Olivia July 24, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Wow, this is incredible. I’ve struggled with anxiety my whole life and you summed it up perfectly. Looking forward to reading more from you!

1. NerdyBookLife July 24, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I hope my blog helps you! And always remember you are not alone!

12. Zoey July 24, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Great post, Jessie! I have generalized anxiety disorder, so I can relate to a lot of this. Very well written, thanks so much for sharing!! 💟💟

1. NerdyBookLife July 24, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Anytime! I was diagnosed with GAD also! It’s been a journey!

13. Scarlet Frey February 22, 2018 at 9:27 am

You have great content here, thank you. Anxiety and its impacts are not only associated with the irrationality of thoughts, feeling of loneliness or timely nervousness. However, anxiety is a broader term which is capable of impacting your bodily functions.

1. NerdyBookLife February 22, 2018 at 11:31 am

Thank you!

14. Martin Johnsan May 10, 2018 at 9:11 am

Situational anxiety is also termed as a generalized anxiety disorder. Medically, there is no definite term to classify the situational anxiety disorder (SAD) from the other terms of the anxiety such as depression, tension, and anger.

15. Martin Johnsan May 11, 2018 at 9:40 am

16. Marry Johnsan May 11, 2018 at 9:53 am

Social anxiety, The third largest mental problem. It can affect anybody at any time during the lifespan. This leads to avoiding any social gathering, hiding from family events, or being isolated from one’s own comfortable space. https://anxietyscope.com/social-anxiety/