I Dare You Book Tag
Hey, Nerdy Peeps! I needed a book post idea for today so, I did what I do best and I Googled! Through my google adventure, I came across a blog with a tag that looked like a lot of fun so I decided to give it a go! So, thanks to chellesbookramblings, for the tag!
I Dare You Book Tag
I hope you’re ready to hang out for a bit because we got 20 questions to answer!
1. Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
To Kill a Mockingbird! This book is my all time favorite and I will probably read it again for the 4th time one day. Now, on my Goodreads list, the book that has been on there the longest is, The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
- Current read is, Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- My Last read was Gingerbread at Moonglow by Deborah Garner
- Next read will probably be, What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen, 99 Days by Katie Cotugno, or The List by Siobhan Vivian. ( I really can’t decide)
3. What book(s) did everyone like but you hated?
I have two choices to this question. Now, don’t hate me these are just books I couldn’t get into. Those books would be Harry Potter and the Mortal Instruments series. I just can’t with these two series.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but probably won’t?
This would probably be the Red Queen series. They have been on my Too Read list for quite a while and I have yet to read them. I read the first one and I liked it, but I don’t see myself getting to the rest anytime soon.
5. Which books are you saving for retirement?
Um… None of them! That is the most ridiculous question I have ever heard of!
6. Last Page: Read it first, or wait until the end?
Wait until the end! I have no intentions of ruining the story!
7. Acknowledgments: wast of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I don’t even bother with it. I usually just skip it. Now, if it’s a favorite author then I’ll probably skim through it.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
McKinley Mills from Southern Pleasure by Kaylee Ryan. At first, she’s confused and doesn’t want to realize that she is in love with Evan and that Evan is in love with her, but towards the end, she finally gives in. Evan, McKinley, and his little girl make such a beautiful family.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, place, a time)?
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I chose this one because it reminds me of my friendships in high school. I had a few very close friends in high school and no we didn’t share a pair of pants but we did share a lot of laughs and good memories.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I think other than giveaways, I haven’t acquired books in an interesting way. Just the normal way.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I love giving books to my niece and nephews. Their faces light up and it makes my heart warm to see how happy they are.
12. Which book has been with you the most places?
To Kill a Mockingbird! This one has been with me everywhere!
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Great Expectations! I hated this book in high school and I actually used Spark Notes for most of my tests and quizzes. Fast forward to a few years after high school and I now love the book!
14. What’s the strangest item you’ve found in a book?
Notes, I have found quite a few notes inside books and some of them were a little weird.
15. Used or Brand New?
Both! A book is a book.
16. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
Nope, and I probably never will. Just not my cup of tea.
17. Have you ever seen a movie you like better than the book?
Nope, I have always liked the book better. Movies always mess things up.
18. Is there a book you think never should have been published?
Nope, every book is published for a reason. A book might not be my cup of tea, but it might be someone else’s.
19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?
Once again, that would be Gingerbread at Moonglow! Oh, my goodness, cookies!
20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
This one has me stumped. Mine is more of a what, instead of a who. I use YouTube, Pinterest, and Goodreads, for most of my book advice.
This was actually a lot of fun and it took quite a bit of thought, but my brain needed the exercise. Now, this is an open tag so, have at it and have fun!
Free Planner Pages
Hey you know you want to be a Nerdy Peep!
Join the Nerdy Book Life Family and get your planner pages!