The Ultimate Book Tag
Hey Nerdy Peeps! I haven’t done a good book tag in a while, so let’s get on with the ultimate book tag!
This tag was done by Megan on Goodreads but I found it over on This Splendid Shambles.
Let’s get on with the questions…
1) Do you get sick while reading in the car?
- Yes, unfortunately, I do and it sucks! I can’t even read on a plane and I hate it. That’s why I’m thankful for audiobooks.
2) Which Author’s writing style is completely unique to you & why?
- This one was hard, but I decided to go with Alice La Roux! Her writing style is completely captivating and makes you feel like you are part of every story. I just love her work so much! I even have a review for her coming soon!
3) Harry Potter or Twilight Saga? (3 Points to defend your answer)
- Um well, the only one I have read is the Twilight Saga, so I can’t account for Harry Potter. Twilight was my escape from a long day at school and I loved every word. It kept me up way past my bedtime, but I wouldn’t change it for anything.
4) Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it? (Besides books)
Well, since I carry my books in my purse, let’s start there.
- My phone
5) Do you smell your books?
- Yes! What book nerd doesn’t? I love the smell of new books, used books, and antique books!
6) Books with or without illustrations?
- Depends on the book. If it’s a children’s book, then yes it needs illustrations. Middle-grade books can always use very minimal illustrations. I don’t think YA books New Adult books, or adult books need illustrations.
7) What book did you love while reading, but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
- I gotta say it’s probably the Twilight Saga. It was great when I was younger, but now it’s just childish, and fun to pick up when I’m bored.
8) Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please Share
- Nope, well not that I can remember anyway. Now, when it came to middle-age books, I used to pretend that I was part of the adventure.
9) What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
10) Thickest book on your shelf?
- Royally Crushed by Niki Burnham
11) Do you write as well as you read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
- Yes, I do. In fact, I have a few pieces coming out for some anthologies and my book from NaNoWriMo will be coming out soon!
12) When did you get into reading?
- I want to say middle school. Thanks to the school library I was always reading.
13) What is your favorite classic book?
- Definitely, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is my all time favorite and I am always rereading it.
14) In school was you best subject Language Arts/English?
- Actually, it was. I loved every bit of English and I even took it as a major in college. My other favorite class was creative writing, I loved getting to write whatever I wanted.
15) If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… What would you do?
- I’ll accept it and let it sit on my shelf for a little while. Then I’ll donate it.
16) What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
- Well, I haven’t really read anything similar to either of the series. I gave up on younger reads like this when they stopped appealing to me.
17) What is a bad habit you always do when blogging?
- I get distracted by other things, and I forget what I’m typing, so I tend to change my topic quite a few times. Hence why this post came up.
18) What is your favorite word?
- Positivity! I love this word because it is the best word for everything.
19) Are you a nerd or a geek?
- After reading This Splendid Shambles post and reading the link she added I concluded that I am indeed a nerd!
20) Vampires or Fairies? Why?
- Fairies. Vampires just aren’t my thing and I think fairies are a lot more mystical.
21) Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
- Shapeshifters. Um, hello they are just awesome!
22) Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
- Definitely Spirits! I love anything to do with spirits and the paranormal.
23) Zombies or Vampires? Why?
- Neither. I’m not a fan of either of them. Vampires bore me and Zombies are gross.
24) Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
- Forbidden Love, it’s my favorite. I can’t stand the love triangle trope.
25) Full on romance or action-packed with love scenes mixed in?
- Thanks to the lovely T.M. Frazier, I need action-packed with love scenes mixed in!
Woo, that was a long one but it was totally worth it! You got to know a little bit more about my bookish life!