Hey Nerdy Peeps! I have been up to some new and exciting things that I want to share with you. They have helped me more than I thought they would and maybe you can take the leap too! (And huge thanks to my friend Zoey for the title help!)
Meditation and More
Four days ago I started meditating, and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have felt way more relaxed and have so much more energy. Now, the app I have been using recommends that I meditate in the morning, but I decided to try it at night to see if it will help me sleep. I am so glad I did. So, let me list the top three benefits that I have experienced!
- Better focus during the day
- I have been able to focus on a lot more and it’s made working and writing so much easier.
- I sleep so much better!
- Sleep used to suck for me. I could never seem to get a good deep sleep in for the night, but after meditating I am able to sleep well at night. My energy levels are up, and I don’t get sleepy through the day.
- It calms my mind which in return calms my anxiety.
- This makes it easier to stop stressing over all the thoughts running through my head. I’ve also learned that it helps me filter through my thoughts during the day instead of letting them weigh me down.
So, you’re probably wondering which app I have been using. I have been using a free app called Headspace, and I love it! I started with the beginner’s program and it’s perfect. All the other apps I looked at either wanted money up front or just seemed too complex for what I was looking for. Headspace was the best app for what I was looking for. 10 minutes a day with guided meditation, and animations to go with some days. The animations make it easier to understand what you are learning and they have helped a lot. This app saved my crazy mind and I can’t wait to continue my journey.
Here comes the more
Himalayan Salt Lamp
This lamp is amazing. The benefits are truly the best and I use it every time I am reading in bed or getting my meditation on.
The facts! (These are found from other sites and the box from my lamp)
- Cleanses and deodorizes the air
- I have seen a difference in my allergies, even though the house I live in isn’t sealed the best.
- Improve mood & concentration
- This has been so true for this lamp. I have been able to focus on a single thing I am doing, and it’s amazing. My mind doesn’t wander and I can get things done.
- Better sleep
- When I use this during my meditation it seems to help my relaxation and makes it easier for better sleep.
I know this is a shocker! Well, maybe not to you, but it is to me. I used to have one Dr. Pepper a day, sometimes two, but not anymore. It’s been water, juice, or sweet tea. I can feel the benefits of giving them up, and even though I miss them, I’m glad they are gone.
Yep, I am jumping on the healthy food bandwagon. I’m not big on food prep so I thought what would be a good alternative? I headed to the frozen food section at Wal-Mart and looked at the healthy foods section and decided to go with Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine. So, those are on the lunch menu for next week. I’ll keep ya posted on what I think!
Check out for my New Years Resolutions here!
There ya go peeps! These are all the new things I am starting for the New Year! What bandwagons have you jumped on? How are they helping you?