I love unique and different styled bookstores, especially ones with a large variety of books. Europe seems to have some really neat bookstores, so I thought I would share my top 3 with y’all today!
Word on the Water – York Way, Granary Square, London
- This bookstore resides in a 100-year-old Dutch barge, it literally floats on the river!
- They sell all sorts of books!
- The store has a wood burning stove, and performances on their roof stage!
The Bookshop – Wigtown, Scotland
- Largest second-hand bookshop in Scotland
- Over a mile of shelving supporting about 100,000 books!
- They also sell all sorts of subjects, people can also trade in books for the store to sell
Libreria Alta Acqua – Venice, Italy
- Uses bathtubs, gondolas, and various bucket type objects for its shelving
- Home to many stray cats who avoid the high tide by sleeping on top of the stacks of books
- The name translates to “Library High Water” because the fire escape leads straight out to the canal
I hope you find these bookstores as unique and interesting as I did. Let me know which bookstores you would love to see and visit!!
Stay tuned for the Top 3 US Bookstores I would love to visit!!