Blogger Recognition Award!! (Bonus Post)
Hey, Nerdy Peeps! AHHH! I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award again! This time I was nominated by the lovely Carmel Reeves over at Smart Living! You definitely should check her blog out if you want to learn to be less stressed, work smarter not harder, and be open to new things!
Blogger Recognition Award!
Once again there are rules… Ugh I know I don’t like them either!
- You must thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a blog post to show the award.
- Write a brief story how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 bloggers to pass this award to.
- Comment on each nominated blogger to let them know that they are nominated and provide a link to this post.
How Nerdy Book Life Came to Be…
Nerdy Book Life is my baby! I jumped in at full speed ahead and started sharing. I was only going to blog about all things books, but then I found another passion. So, on my blog, you’ll find books and bookish things, but you will also find mental health advice! I started to share my mental health story in hopes that it would help anyone that goes through the same struggles that I do.
So, here are the components to Nerdy Book Life…
Nerdy – Well, I love all things nerdy. I read, write, and research just about anything
Books – I have a huge passion for books, and I love all things bookish!
Life – I love life and my life consists of living and fighting through depression and anxiety
So I’m Supposed to Share my Nerdy wisdom…
DO NOT… I repeat DO NOT, just jump right in. I don’t know how many times I changed my theme and fonts and colors all while I was live! My blog only had one post when I hit publish and it suffered. So, take your time and be patient. Have at least 3 or 4 posts ready to go, and make sure your site is exactly where you want it before you go public!
Have a posting schedule. I started out posting 6 days a week and my content was awful. I wasn’t getting hardly any views, and I felt overwhelmed. Coming up with new content every day was hard and I was starting to get repetitive and boring. So, I went from 6 days a week to posting 2 days a week, with a bonus post thrown in every now and then. My content also got a lot better, and more people started reading and subscribing. Choose the post schedule that works for you!
The Envelope Please… Just Kidding Here are My Nominees!
- Julie Wright over at The Bookworm – If you love book reviews and bookish things, you will love her blog!
- Heather over at Deal With Mental Illness – This blog is great! It has everything about mental illness help you need!
- Shelby over at The Writing Pal – You definitely need to check her out if you struggle with writing! She has the best tips and tricks to get you started!
- Elyse over at The Savvy Sagittarius – She is on her way to being debt free at 22 and her blog has saved me financially! So, if you need help in the becoming debt free department she is your go to girl!
- Brittany over at Everyday Thoughts – She blogs about a little bit of everything and I love following her story!
- Marie over at Girl Knows Tech – Need someone who is tech savvy, well here ya go! She is your tech bestie!
- Kimberly over at Shutters and Honey – Food, travel, and pretty pictures. What more could you want?
- Lesley over at Lesley Diana – Everyday life and fashion! She makes it so easy to feel connected!
- Augusta over at Fur The Love of Dogs – Her blog is my doggy heaven blog! As a dog mom myself and a rescuer this blog is awesome!
- Jessica over at Jessica Doyle – Well we share a name so, that’s awesome! Also, she’s an amazing writer and is great at showing people how to grow and be creative!
Yep, that makes 10 nominees! These peeps make the blogging world amazing and I hope you love their pages just as much as I did!
Thanks again to Carmel at Smart Living for the Nomination!